Junior Web Designer
Axia were originally founded in 1994 to provide IT solutions for the SME industry, we have a well-earned reputation for support. Our heritage is built on strong partnerships, great people, good humour and consistently being first to market with new software products and value-add
You will join a small team working on the core technologies that drive the success of our customers and our own businesses. Work will be varied and include any of the following:
Working on our back-office system.
Working on Customers Web Design Projects
Working on an e-commerce website.
Working on our channel integration system.
Investigating bug reports on a system.
Work is done in sprints and all members of the team are expected to communicate and engage with other team members. Junior team members will be supported by more experienced team members via code review and training sessions.
What we are looking for
We are looking to recruit Junior Web Designer to join our New Development team. You will be working across a range of technologies and platforms. Our development process is based on the WordPress, Microsoft .NET and PHP platform.
- Strong understanding of key programming concepts.
Excellent knowledge of Java, PHP
- Keen interest in programming with drive to constantly learn and improve.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of the .NET, PHP, Java, html and Python Framework
- Knowledge of WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and Magento CMS systems
- Knowledge of MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQ and Oracle
- Adobe Flash, Illustrator etc
- SEO – search engine skills
- Experience of Microsoft Visual Studio
- SQL query syntax and structure along with Relational Database concepts.
- Team development processes (Agile, Scrum)
12-15k per annum
Part time/Full time
Part Time role 20 hours per week