ELC Ashra-e-Zainabiyya 1430 Daily Quiz Answers Night 9In: Uncategorized
1. Sayyeda Zainab (AS) said to Yazid in her sermon ”Amina Adli Yabna Tulaqa”. Who is the “Tulaqa” specifically referring to in this instance?
B. Abu Sufyan
2. Who were the “Tulaqa”?
C. Those people who became Muslim on the day of the conquest of Mecca.
3. Bibi Zainab (AS) mentions how Yazid’s grandmother Hind is the one who chewed the liver of the Noble? Who is the noble here referring to?
C. Hamza Ibn Abdul Muttalib – The uncle of Rasulullah (SAW).
4. The first verse revealed on Hijab was addressed to men. Which verse of the Holy Quran is this and what are the 2 main requirements that men must fulfil in order to maintain their hijab as mentioned in this verse?
1) The first requirement for men is that they should lower ‘from’ their gaze, meaning that they should lower the intensity of their gaze when they come across non Mahram women.
2) The second requirement is that they protect their private parts. This refers to an adequate covering of their private parts as well protecting themselves from the act of adultery.
5. What are the 4 main requirements that women must fulfil in order to maintain their Hijab and which 2 verses of the Holy Quran refer to these?
1) The first requirement is that they should lower the intensity of their gaze when coming across non Mahram men.
2) The second requirement is that they should protect their private parts
3) The third requirement is that they should not display their charms except that which is already apparent and they should draw a veil over their bosoms. This includes wearing a covering over the head and neck.
4) The fourth requirement is that they should wear a ‘Jilbaab’ which is an additional cloth that one wears over the inner clothing in order that the shape of the body is not revealed.
• The first 3 of the above requirements are mentioned in verse 24:31
• The fourth requirement is mentioned in verse 33:59
6. What is the ‘Jilbaab’ as mentioned in the Holy Quran?
B. An additional loose garment that covers the inner clothing such that the shape of the body is not revealed
7. Which Quranic verse refers to the Taqwa as being the best form of covering or garment?
8. What are the 5 pre-requisites required before we can analyse and interpret the verses of the Holy Quran in a scholarly manner?
1) Knowledge of pre-Islamic poetry
2) Knowledge of pre-Islamic culture
3) Knowledge of Arabic Grammar
4) Knowledge of Narrations from Rasulullah (SAW) and his Ahlul Bayt
5) Knowledge of Jurisprudence/Fiqh
9. What is The ‘Hijab of Taqwa’ as described in the lecture?
A. Being ever conscious of our role in upholding the true message of Islam.
10. At the end of her sermon after thanking Allah (SWT) for having given them Happiness, Martyrdom and Blessings, what was the one thing that she asked Allah (SWT) for?
ANY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING WILL BE ACCEPTED:
• That Allah (SWT) recompenses the martyrs who gave everything for the cause of Imam Hussain (AS).
• That Allah (SWT) complete His rewards for the Martyrs
• That Allah (SWT) grants them (the Martyrs) an increase
11. Why has Islam made Hijab a necessary requirement for all the beleivers? Mention the 3 types of Hijab in your answer giving examples wherever applicable.
• Allah (SWT) has made Hijab obligatory upon us firstly as a means of identity. Just as the Christians have a cross as their identifier, the Jews a skull cap, the Sikh’s a turban, in Islam the Hijab is also an identifier for our faith. Hijab as an identifier refers to the ‘Physical Hijab’ that is worn by women.
• Hijab being a form of identity is mentioned in verse 33:59 of the Holy Quran. (Bonus marks for those who mention this verse).
• Allah (SWT) wishes that we should be ambassadors for our faith in the way that we act with others. Therefore it is necessary that we observe the ‘Social Hijab’ in our interaction with other people. This means not acting in any contradictory to the true message of Islam and maintaining modesty in our interaction with non Mahram’s. This will ensure that we firstly protect ourselves from corruption and secondly that we will portray the correct image of Islam to others.
• The third type of Hijab is that of “Taqwa” which is where we are ever conscious of our role in upholding the true message of Islam, for example in standing up against oppression, doing good to others, teaching etc.
• This Hijab also refers to that consciousness we should have that Allah (SWT) is always watching us which acts as a necessary covering for us in protecting us from committing sins.
• The Hijab of Taqwa is mentioned in verse 7:26 of the Holy Quran. (Bonus marks for those who mention this verse).
• Additional marks for any relevant examples of the 3 types of Hijab