FCP Quiz Answers 28/5/2010In: Stanmore Jaffery - Literary
Friday Community Progrqm 1431.
Lecture 2: Companions of the Holy Prophet (SAW): Salmaan-e-Muhammadi (RA)
Syed Ammar Nakhshawani. 28/5/2010
1. What was Salmaans original name?
2. In what year was Salmaan born in?
A. Two years before the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.w.) <--
3. At the age of 16, what was Salman made custodian of?
4. What were two of his responsibilities as custodian?
– To light the flame in the temple
– Responsible for all legislative matters at the temple
5. Salman escaped from his father cellar and travelled searching for the right path. How many years did he spend travelling?
A. 20 years
B. 25 years
C. 30 years
D. 35 years
6. Name the tribe that brought Salman to Medina? This was also the tribe that Umil-Banin and Yazid were decedents of.
7. What were the two signs that Salman was told would identify the Prophet (s.a.w.w.)?
– He would except no Sadka / gifts
– Has a sign of a Prophet between his shoulders
8. Who was the last person to in slave Salman and how much did he charge to free him?
– Planting 300 date trees, 40 ounces of gold
9. Where is Salman buried today?
Ctesiphon, in present-day Iraq (Mesopotamia)
10. Salman was given two titles, muhadath & mutawaseleen, what do these mean?
– muhadath = Angles speak to him
– mutawaseleen = Knows your thoughts