Secret Text , Public Collections
THE ORIGINS & DEVELOPMENT OF SHI’I HADITH
Teacher: DR Shaykh Mohammed Ali Ismail
Tuesday evenings for 4 weeks: 08:00pm – 09:00pm
- 10 January
- 17 January
- 24 January
- 31 January
Explore these topics
- What are the mysterious texts known as the ‘Codex of Ali’, ‘Book of Ali’, and the ‘Codex of Fatima’?
- Why did the Imams have to keep certain teachings secret?
- How did the Shia deal with the prohibition of writing hadith?
- To what extent are the Four Hundred Source Books extant? What is so special about the Four Books?
- What role did the Last Three Muhammad’s play in the development of Shi‘i hadith literature?