Subject: Notice of EGM for Sunday 15 January 2023 at 4.33pm
We pray you are all keeping in good health.
Pursuant to clause 8.1 of The KSIMC of London’s constitution, the Executive Committee (EC) hereby gives notice today, 12th December 2022, for an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) to be held on Sunday 15 January 2023 at 4.33pm (with Maghribayn Salaat) to discuss the following items:
1. Recitation of the Holy Quran and translation thereof
2. Update on Hujjat Stanmore Insurance claim following correspondence from the loss adjusters
3. Approval for purchase of a hearse and ambulance.
4. Approval for Hujjat Harefield professional fees.
These matters need to be discussed in advance of the next AGM for the following reasons:
1. We have recently received correspondence from the loss adjuster that may lead to delays to the restoration works at our centre: see appendix 1 below. In light of this, it is the EC’s aim to provide an update and prepare an action plan for next steps with the membership.
2. The increased and continued burial facilities provided by our centre has required an urgent need to expand our ageing fleet of vehicles. The ULEZ expansion due next year will mean that we will incur additional costs for journeys made. The EC therefore requests a mandate to purchase these vehicles which are over the £25,000 limit stipulated in the constitution (clause 6.10), and the budgeted amount on motor vehicles in the 2022-2023 budget.
3. Subsequent to the purchase and completion of Widewater Place, Moorhall Road, known as Hujjat Harefield; the EC wishes to begin the process of achieving the vision of the community. To this end, budgetary approval more than the £25,000 limit stipulated in the constitution (clause 6.10) is required for planning and execution purposes.
Please ensure your 2022 subscriptions are paid up should you wish to participate and vote at this EGM. Light refreshments will be served.
With Salaams and Duas
For and on behalf of The KSIMC of London
Registered Charity in the UK 288356