Hujjat COVID guidelines statement 18/07/2021In: Latest News, News
If your circumstances change after completing the form, it is your moral and religious duty to inform the team to ensure the safety of other community members. Failure to do so may affect your ability to attend future events, and you risk putting other community member’s lives at risk. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8954 6247
His Emminence Sayyid Ali Husayni Sistani has said:
“If someone is infected with the virus and does not adhere to the health guidelines in his interactions with others and the other party is unaware [that the person is infected], then HE WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY HARM that the other party suffers.”
“If it leads to the other party’s death, he MUST PAY BLOOD MONEY. And if the other party is a worker who makes a living by working, then during the period of his treatment and his inability to work, he is LIABLE TO PAY HIM [for loss of earnings] at the standard rate.”His Emminence Sayyid Ali Husayni Sistani
As we enter the 3rd UK wave of the Covid pandemic, Prime Minister Boris Johnson will announce on the 19th of July, the lifting of government guidelines and put the responsibility of our safety in our hands. Some of us are looking forward to more freedom from the restrictions in place, while others are worried about the potential impact on the Covid rates, and it’s long term effects.
To ensure the safety of Hujjat attendees while acknowledging the change in rules, the Hujjat EC have reviewed the current Covid situation and are implementing the following changes based on the following:
- 52.9% of the UK population are fully vaccinated (primarily middle aged/elderly)
- Covid Vaccines are protective, although protection has reduced from 96% to approx. 60% due to the Delta Variant
- Covid cases are now at a higher level than they were at the beginning of Lockdown 2.0, and are increasing at an alarming rate (approx. 50% increase in the last week)
- Hospitalisations are a lot less than Lockdown 2.0, but have increased by approx. 33% in the last week
- Daily Deaths are a lot less than Lockdown 2.0, but have increased by 50% in the last week
- Wearing masks and social distancing measures have proven to reduce the spread of Covid and ultimately reduced deaths.
Correct at the time of writing 15th July 2021
With this in mind, the following guidelines will be implemented for all Hujjat activities for the near future.
- Indoors: Mandatory for Adults and Over 11s
- Outdoors: Everyone is encouraged to continue wearing a mask in all settings
Prayer Mats & Mohrs/Turbahs
- Can use Hujjat/AZC’s Mohrs/Prayer Mats
- Indoors: Reduced from 2m to 1m
- Outdoors: Encourage everyone to maintain 1m
Contact Tracing Registration
- Indoors & Outdoors: Online pre-registration or Registration at the door via the Hujjat Contact tracing form
Lateral Flow Testing
- We recommend taking an LFT before attending programmes, however these are not mandatory.
- Smoking will not be permitted in the vicinity of non-smokers. A designated smokers area will be outlined during Hujjat programmes at the centre.
The Hujjat EC will review these guidelines regularly and inform the members of any changes via the Hujjat website.
We thank you for your cooperation, and pray you remain safe during this period.