Ashre Muharram 1431 Lecture 5/6 AnswersIn: Ashre Muharram 1431 Daily Quiz
Ashre Muharram 1431.
Lecture 5/6: Qiyamat
Sheikh Shahnawaz Mahdavi. 22-23/12/2009
1. According to a hadith by Imam Ali ibn Musa ar Ridha (AS), there are 3 “bottlenecks” or situations within a persons existence where he/she undergoes great stress and tribulation. What are these 3 situations?
1. At the time of Birth or entry into this world.
2. At the time of death or exit from this world.
3. On the Day of Resurrection/Qiyamah.
2. Which 2 Prophets (AS) were particularly worried about these 3 situations and have been given glad tidings of “Peace” during all these 3 stages as mentioned in the Holy Quran?
D. Prophets Isa (AS) & Yahya (AS)
3. On the Day of Resurrection there will 2 entities who will accompany every individual. What are these 2 two entities called?
C. “Shaheed” and “Saa’iq”.
What is the role of these 2 entities?
The Saa’ig is the driver who will push/pull the person onto the plains of the Ma’shar and will prevent him from escaping.
The Shaheed is the entity who will carry the deeds of the person and act as a witness against the individual when accounting takes place.
4. Who will rise up naked on the Day of Resurrection?
B. Those people who did not give due respect to others but rather tried
to put them down and humiliate at every opportunity.
5. On the day of Resurrection, the people will come before Allah (SWT) in groups (or “Afwaja” or “Fawj” in Arabic). Which of the following verses mention this?
6. In which dua does Imam Ali (AS) say that he will not be able to bear the punishment of Hell ?
7. According to the lecture, in which Surah of the Holy Quran, does it make a mention of how the fire of Hell will be so close to the individuals that it will burn the very inner core of a person including their rooh and soul.
D. Surah Humaza.
8. Which part of Hell will the arrogant ones be subjected to?
9. There are 4 main reasons why the fire of Hell will have a much greater affect upon us than any earthly fire, what are these 4 reasons?
1. In the Akhirah our bodies will have a greater ENDURANCE to suffer the punishment of fire without disintegrating completely like it does in this world.
2. Our skin will have a much greater SENSITIVITY in the Akhirah than in this world and thus will suffer the pain of the fire much more acutely.
3. The Burning in the fire of Hell WILL BE ETERNAL/MUCH LONGER DURATION than any earthly fire.
ALTERNATIVE ANSWER/BONUS: (There will be NO DEATH and NO LIFE (due to the immense pain) whilst one burns in the fire of Hell and hence their will be no relief from the perpetual torment).
4. The heat and INTENSITY of the fire in the Akhirah will be far, far greater than any earthly fire.
10. In the hadith that the Holy Prophet (SAW) narrated to Maadh Ibn Jabal, he mentions how the sinners will present themselves in 10 different forms on the day of reckoning. What are these 10 forms and what sins do they represent?
1. Those who will be raised as MONKEYS;
These will be the people who used to spread lies/tales about different people/groups in order to cause fitna in society.
2. Those who will be raised as PIGS;
These will be the people who used to earn income from haraam sources
3. Those who will be raised INVERTED;
These will be the people who earned through interest/’riba’
4. Those who will be raised BLIND;
These will be the people who used to deliberately give wrong and unjust rulings when judging between groups due to personal reasons or otherwise.
5. Those who will be raised as DEAF & DUMB (unable to speak or talk);
These will be the people who were self-conceited and loved being praised. (They performed actions with the intention of seeking praise for others)
6. Those who will be raised constantly licking their septic & odious tongue.
These will be the people who were scholars that preached the truth but did not act upon their own teachings.
7. Those who will exhibit a most foul odour that will be unbearable to others.
These will be the people who did not pay their Zakaah or Khums.
8. Those people who will be covered in hot Tar/asphalt to the extent that it
will become fused with their skins;
These will be the ones who were arrogant.
9. Those people who will have all their hands and legs cut;
These will be the people who used to trouble and create problems for their neighbours.
10. Those people who will be hung from a tree made of fire & will burn hanging;
These will be those who used to backbite others