ELC Ashra-e-Zainabiyya 1430 Daily Quiz Answers Night 8In: Ashra-e-Zainabiya 1430 Daily Quiz
1. What is meant by ”Sadaqah Jariah”
D. An act of charity that we do that continues to benefit us after our death
2. Zaid was one of the sons of Imam Zainul Abideen (AS). Name the other 4 children of Imam Zainul Abideen (AS).
• Imam Muhammad Al-Baqir (AS)
3. What do the Zaidis regard as their criteria for Imamat?
C. The Imam is one who is from the progeny of Ahl-e-Muhammad who rises up against the oppressive authority of his time.
4. According to a hadith-e-Qudsi, what must we do in order for Allah (SWT) to grant us the power of ”Qun fa ya Quun?
B. Show our Obedience to Allah (SWT) in every matter
5. What was one of the famous titles given to Zaid ibn Zainul Abideen (AS) which shows his devotion to the Holy Quran and translates as “partner or confederate of the Quran”?
D. Haleefil Quran
6. According to the Sermon of Bibi Fatema (AS) given after the death of Rasulullah (SAW) what was the specific benefit of Salaat that she mentioned?
D. Salaat removes Arrogance and brings humility
7. Who was the tyrant Caliph at the time of Zaid ibn Zainul Abideen (AS) who was eventually responsible for his martyrdom?
D. Hisham bin Abdul Malik
8. Mention 2 narrations of Rasulullah (SAW) that referred to the esteemed status of Zaid ibn Zainul Abideen (AS) long before his birth.
• In one narration Rasulullah (SAW) referred to Zaid as ‘My son’ and said that ‘My son will be crucified by my Ummah and he will be a martyr of Ahlul Bayt’.
The fact that Rasulullah (SAW) referred to him as ‘My son’ and ‘…Martyr of Ahlul bayt’ reflects the esteemed status and honour that he was given by Rasulullah (SAW).
• In another narration Rasulullah (SAW) says about Zaid ibn Zainul Abideen: ‘He will walk on the necks of people on the day of judgement’
Here the walking ‘on the necks’ is in reference to how people will bow their heads in respect for him on that day thus further reflecting his esteemed status.
9. What was one of Zaid ibn Zainul Abideen main aims for rising up against the evil Caliph?
B. To defend the honour of the esteemed personalities of the Ahlul Bayt and companions of the Holy Prophet (SAW).
(His other main aim was to stand up against the oppressive policies of the tyrannical Ummayad regime)
10. How was Zaid’s body treated after he died?
• His blessed body was hung from a tree for 4 years by the Ummayads as a sign to prevent others from rising up against them.
• When people started to visit his body in respect and reverence to him, the Ummayads could not take this so they then burnt his body and threw his ashes into the river furaat.
Describe at least 3 qualities of Zaid ibn Zainul Abideen (AS) which reflect his lofty status and immense devotion to Allah (SWT).
• It is said that he used to perform so much Sujood in devotion towards Allah (SWT) that the ‘meat of his forehead’ used to be exposed similar to that of his father Imam Zainul Abideen (AS).
• There was an instance when he was able to take out food from his empty pocket. When enquired how this was possible, he used to say that it is the result of the obedience towards Allah (SWT). It is reported from Hadith-e-Qudsi reports that those who obey Allah (SWT) completely – Allah (SWT) will grant them the power of “Qun fa ya Quun”
• He was known as ‘Haleefil Quran’ meaning the ‘confederate of the Quran’ because of his attachment to and devotion to the Holy Quran.