Notice of AGM: Fri 27 June 2014In: Latest News, Meetings
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the 2014/1435 Annual General Meeting of the KSIMC of London will be held on Friday 27 June 2014 at 8.00 pm (registration to commence at 7.30 pm) at the Husaini Shia Islamic Centre, Wood Lane, Stanmore, Middlesex HA7 4LQ. You may download the Notice, Agenda and Minutes by clicking here. The Finance AGM pack is available to download here.
To transact the following:
1. Recitation from the Holy Qur’an and English translation thereof.
2. Confirmation and adoption of the Minutes of SGM held on 1 June 2013
3. Matters arising on the Minutes of SGM held on 1 June 2013
4. Confirmation and adoption of the Minutes of AGM held on 9 June 2013
5. Matters arising on the Minutes of AGM held on 9 June 2013
6. Presentation of Reports:
(i) President and Secretary’s report
(iii) Budgets for the ensuing year
7. Election of one Trustee to replace a resigned Trustee.
8. Motions for which due Notice has been given:
“This body mandates the Executive Committee to stop all further efforts to start a community/faith based free school for our community until it has been instructed by the community to do so in the form of a resolution passed by this body to such effect. In particular, the cases for and against such a school need to be presented before the body and carefully considered.”
Proposed by Mehdibhai Fazal and seconded by Mohamedbhai Bhimani
“It is hereby resolved that for only the Extraordinary General Meeting that will discuss amendments in the Constitution, spouses of fully paid existing Family members who attend the Conference be allowed to vote.” Proposed by Zainabbai Jaffer and seconded by Gulzarbai Raza (Gully) Jaffer
“It is hereby resolved that the general body empower the Executive Committee to purchase a house or flat for up to £500,000 as an investment within the vicinity of Stanmore.”
Proposed by Mustafabhai Jaffer and seconded by Moshinbhai Kassam
9. Motions without Notice (at the discretion of the Chair).
10. Any other business (with the permission of the Chair)
With Salaams and Duas
3 June 2014