- This event has passed.
Mental Health Workshop
Saturday 13 October @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Muslim Youth Helpline have teamed up with our centre to offer a free workshop on mental health.
Alhamdulillah, our community brings up children in a safe, nourishing environment. However, bringing up children is a tough job, and it is sometimes hard to understand what they are going through. In this interactive workshop we will explore:
- Understanding mental health: what is it, what issues do people have?
- Why is it hard to talk about mental health?
- Cultural taboos
- How do we help those going through issues, including friends and family?
After attending the training, participants will:
- Have a basic understanding of common mental health issues including anxiety, depression, stress and self harm.
- Understand how to perform active listening
- Have practiced basic counselling techniques like empathy, reflection and exploring options
- Know where to go for help and advice when it comes to issues they feel they can’t handle themselves
Whether its with your children, partner, parents, or friends, learning how to communicate better is beneficial to any relationship you may have.
Please confirm your attendance by booking a ticket.
Sign up – http://goo.gl/cqFNEE