Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at the forefront of America’s diversified financial services companies. Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to deliver stable, secure, scalable and innovative services that provide Wells Fargo global customers ‘round-the-clock’ banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels. Wells Fargo Technology plays a critical role in the company’s customer and employee experience, business and risk management transformation, and growth agenda.
The Technology Control group is a part of the Technology organization. Its functions improve how we own, assess, manage, and report technology risks, while ensuring that we have strong technology risk expertise, employ the concept of risk management as a utility – operationalizing for efficiency, and move us to progressive risk management based on data and analytical processes.
This position will report to the Technology Control International (TCI) team and will provide direct support across the organization to the various leaders that execute and manage the current risk programs within EMEA. This position will engage with multiple Risk and Control stakeholders across technology lines of defense to enable strong Risk Management practices and capabilities.
- Required Qualifications
- University degree
- Substantial experience in Technology Risk / Control Management and one or a combination of the following: Technology project management, implementation or strategy roles
- Strong co-ordination / communication skills
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to identify inefficiencies, opportunities to streamline business processes, and implement change
- Ability to manage complex initiatives
- Ability to motivate staff to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility and accountability and demonstrate initiative
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Project) skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of complex regulatory/compliance issues and potential solutions
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong time management skills
- Identify trends and opportunities to improve department processes and procedures as identified
- Support initiatives to implement sustainable corrective actions
- Monitor new and emerging internal control related guidance and issues and assist with facilitating group-wide training to interested and impacted stakeholders
- Act as a change agent for continual improvement and seek opportunities to improve effectiveness and efficiencies through use of technology and identification of best practices
- Help to establish operational metrics and oversight practices to monitor team activities