Cyber Security Engineer
Axia IT Solutions is a fast growing IT solutions organisation. Services include flexible IT support, professional IT project delivery and expert technical advice. The company supports small and medium-sized businesses throughout the UK and can act as a client’s IT department, or supplement an existing IT function. Axia are searching for an exceptional IT sales executive who has the drive and ambition to succeed. The company is looking for an Account Executive to join the team.
• Deploying and maintaining effectiveness of security controls
• Continuous improvement of security estate
• Maintain current knowledge of security trends, threats & vulnerabilities
• Investigate and deploy mitigations to threats
• Develop methods and procedures to improve information assurance and data privacy
• Knowledge of PKI & Encryption Techniques
• Penetration and vulnerability testing
• Assisting with Network and Security Setup
• Setting up firewalls and other security equipment
• Monitoring of systems for cyber attacks
• Documentation and policies
What Axia IT Solutions are looking for
To be successful in the role, you will be educated to at least BTEC Level 2 IT, Maths and English and have previous IT-related experience working with Microsoft packages. You will have good communication and administration skills, strong research, and documentation skills and be able to work alone as well as in a team.
Ideally, you will have experience of:
• CIS Security Controls
• Knowledge of Cyber security issues and requirements
• ITIL Foundation
• Microsoft Visio, Project
• Technical documentation
• Previous work on cyber security related projects
• Advanced administration of Microsoft Azure application.
• Advanced administration of netflow applications
• Security network devices (firewalls, switches, SIEM, Antivirus)
• InfoSec concepts, standards – Intrusion prevention and detection
• LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, network design, Windows, and Linux
• Security controlling functionality – AV, Vulnerability Scanning & Security Logging
Job type – Contract, 40 hours per week. Based in Watford.
Salary/benefits – £20,0000-30,0000 depending on experience.
Start date – ASAP
Job application deadline – Open