Khoja Jaffery Academy “Free School Project”In: School
The Khoja Jaffery Academy – A School for you
Dear Members of the Community/Parents
The issue of education and the urgency of establishing a community school has been discussed in our community and has become one of the main issues. The Executive Committee of KSIMC of London has, subsequent to consultation and having received support for the idea, decided to apply to set up a fully fledged government funded free Primary and Secondary community school. Some of the key features of the proposed school are highlighted below for your information:
• Free of cost to the parents/children and community.
• The School will optimize the national curriculum and its delivery as well as support the children in a manner such that every child is a successful child; the vision of the school is to emulate and surpass the standards and results of most Grammar Schools.
• Preference given to children from the community (although admission is subject to availability and not guaranteed)
• Holistic approach ensuring that children’s social, personal and emotional needs are met alongside their educational needs
• A school that imbibes Islamic ethics & spirituality and provides the tools for confident modern day living and nurture our children to attain the best standards.
• Teaching of Arabic and Islamic studies alongside the secular national curriculum.
• The vision of excellence in the school aims at becoming one of the best in the borough with 80% of A level students proceeding to the top ten universities in this country and North America.
• Inclusive school with a minimum of 50% of students from our community and significant numbers from other local communities and faiths.
• The proposed school building to be situated in the vicinity of the Stanmore Centre (projected 2 mile radius) and be well equipped for single-sex classrooms and for latest sporting and recreational facilities.
• School bus provided from major routes (additional charge applicable)
• Encourage children to develop life skills for the 21st century and high aspirations so that they feel empowered to succeed in all that they do and having achieved, want to contribute to the wider society.
• Inspected by Ofsted – the vision of the school is to maintain an Outstanding rating.
• The school will offer extended daily after school services (until 6pm) clubs, sports activities and guest speakers will be arranged for this time (additional hourly charge payable). This feature is especially useful for working parents.
• If the application formalities are completed shortly and the school is approved, then the school will open in September 2013 for reception classes in primary and Year 7 in secondary
• The school aims to recruit motivated, highly inspirational teachers from all communities. We would welcome all interests which, if successful, would be remunerated at market rates.
We hope that you find the above information of interest, if you want to express an interest or to enroll your child or know somebody who does then please either register the details on the attached demand form or visit our website: www.khojajafferyacademy.org
Or if you have any comments or suggestions for the school please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org