Join Me2We and AIE from Al-Abbas Islamic Centre in a discussion with Shaheen and Abbas Merali along with Sheikh Nuru on the topic of “Strengthening our Marriage” on Friday 20th November 2020 at 8:00 pm on https://www.youtube.com/user/mehfilabbas/live
Over the Black Friday week from this Friday 20th November to 30 November 2020 please do nominate ‘’The Khoja Shia Ithnaasheri Muslim Community Of London’’ as your charity of choice so you donate 0.5% of your purchases free of any cost to you.
This is a great way to support towards Hujjat Jamaat’s general fund, as you spend for your loved ones during this period and in future.
To do so please log in to smile.amazon.co.uk and select ‘’The Khoja Shia Ithnaasheri Muslim Community Of London’’ as your preferred charity.
Real Talk is back!
This week Our Resident Aalima will be talking to Nishat Dossa about finding the colours through her cancer journey and beyond.
The session will be live and you will have the opportunity to ask questions – tune in to the Hujjat YouTube channel on Sunday 15th November at 7.30pm.
Live and Interactive
Date : 13 November 2020
Time : 8.00pm – 9.30pm
With Shaykh Jaffer Ladak
and special guests:
Syed Musa Naqvi
Our felicitations to Imam Mahdi (atf) and the muslim Ummah on the Wiladat of our Beloved Prophet (saw) and Imam Jaffer As Sadiq (as).
As you may already be aware, the government has officially declared a national lockdown to curb the increasing number of Covid-19 cases, hospital admissions and deaths.
Be Safe, Keep others safe
As a largely African Asian based community, we are in one of highest risk groups in the country to be severely affected by Covid-19, a silent virus that can spread between people without their knowledge. In particular, over 60’s or those with underlying medical conditions are at higher risk. As such, we would like to remind everyone to ensure we reduce the risk of being infected or infect others with our interactions and activities.
Please Wear a mask at all times and Avoid the “Three Cs”
- Closed Spaces with poor ventilation
- Crowded places with many people nearby
- Close-contact settings such as close-range conversations or recitations.
If you develop symptoms of the virus (a new continuous cough, fever or loss of taste or sense of smell), please immediately self-isolate and book a free test online or call 119 – people who fail to self-isolate may face a fine of up to £10,000.
Please join us in praying for the Shifa for all those who have tested positive for Covid in our community and recite Surah Al-Fateha for all Marhumeen who have lost their lives due to Covid.
Hujjat activities continue online
All Hujjat activities and programmes will continue to be delivered be online except Burials and the Islamic Montessori School. You can find all the upcoming events on the Hujjat Online Calender or subscribe to the Hujjat Youtube Channels (Main Hall / ELC) for live notifications whenever a programme is about to start.
If you missed it, here are this week’s Hujjat Highlight:
- Al-Haadi Youth’slatest The Breakdown podcast on The History of Hadith with Sayyid Ali Imran
- Maqasid as-Surah Series: Themes of Surah An-Noor with Sheikh Jaffer Ladak
- Gujurati Tafsir Surah An Noor – with Sheikh Afzal Merali
- Bringing it Home: Du’a Ahad – 3. Asking Allah with Aalima Masuma Jaffer
- Wiladat of Holy Prophet (saw) and Imam Jaffer Sadiq (as) with Sheikh Mohammed Al-Hilli
- Thursday programme: Session with Ummi Aunty
- Hujjat Academy Course: Islamic Plan for Life with Sheikh Mohammed Ali Shomali
- Friday Sermon: ‘France & the question of freedom of expression part 1’ with Sheikh Jaffer Ladak
- Al-Haadi Youth’s Interactive Debate: This House Believes That – Using social media as a platform for social justice does more harm than good – with Zainab Gulamali, Salim Kassam, Zainab Merchant, Sheikh Mohammed Javad Shomali hosted by Muhammad Damji
Community & Culture:
- President’s Speech (Skip to 1:45:30)by Hamid Pirbhai
- Swahili with Sajeda
- 8 x Engagement announcements (Skip to 1:34:40)
Impact of the guidelines on our Community
A support bubble is where a household with one adult joins with another household.
- meet socially with anybody INDOORS unless they’re in your support bubble
- This includes small gatherings/majalis/dinners/games night etc
- meet with people in a private garden, unless you live with them or they are part of a support bubble with you
- arrange or attend a Wedding or Civil partnership (except deathbed weddings)
- exercise or meet in a public, outdoor space ONLY WITH people you live with or your support bubble, or one other person (maintain 2m social distancing, and minimise the time spent together, wear masks)
- meet a personal trainer in an outdoor public park
- WORK / SHOPPING
- leave home for work/voluntary purposes where you cannot do this from home
- go shopping for food, medicine or collect food/takeaways
- take your children to school
- attend formal education/training (not extracurricular classes)
- EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES
- visit someone who is dying or giving birth
- attend a funeral (maximum 30 people)
- visit a burial ground
- visit a care home/hospice/hospital/accompany someone to a medical appointment
- move home
- form a childcare bubble
- have a cleaner or nanny
- leave to escape risk of injury or harm (e.g. Domestic Abuse)
- attend support groups that have to be delivered in person e.g. therapy, mutual aid, victims of crim, drug & alcohol recovery, new parents and guardians, long-term illnesses, bereavement, vulnerable young people, parent and child groups, 1-1 youth Work
For a full summary of the new guidelines, visit: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-national-restrictions-from-5-november
How to get assistance
For those that would like assistance (including Financial, Social support, Mental health, Employment, Business Support) please
- Watch this clip “How to: Apply for Welfare”
- Visit www.hujjat.org,
- Call the Single Point of Access number 0208 420 7923
- Contact the hujjat admin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Hujjat EC and the Task force would like to thank every member for their cooperation and support during this pandemic, and pray that we get through it together.
The KSIMC of London
Join Shaykh Jaffer Ladak as he has a live interactive discussion with Dr. Rebecca Masterton on her bok ‘Shīʿī Spirituality for the Twenty-First Century’. The book is a collection of talks and articles that reflect upon the teachings of Prophet Muhammad, his daughter Fatima, his granddaughter Zaynab and Twelve Imams (as).
The book corner is insha’Allah on Friday 6th of November 2020 between 8-9pm . It will be live on our Hujjat KSIMC of London YouTube channel. Not to be missed!
See poster for more details.
Weekly classes have been organised with Shaykh Jaffer Ladak on the themes and goals of the chapters of the Holy Qur’an.
Classes will run every Monday evening from 8pm – 930pm. It will be live on our Hujjat KSIMC of London YouTube channel. Not to be missed!
See poster for more details.
Our Resident Aalima has created a series of six videos focussing on how we can bring Du’a Ahad into our homes and our lives. This series has been created in honour of our 11th Imam, Imam Hasan al-Askeri (A). The first video is now live on the Hujjat YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQN3TjLoXIw&feature=youtu.be)
Response from the Office of His Eminence Sayyid Sistani to Questions on the Coronavirus (WF Extract)In: Uncategorized
Responses to question on COVID – 19 from the Office of His Eminence Sayyid Sistani. Compiled and dstributed by the World Ferderation of KSIMC.